Friday, September 20, 2013

Making It Count

So, because I have been pregnant, they have been kinda worried about how much iron I have been getting. After being informed that I need to get my iron levels up and under control, we have spent the last few weeks eating more red meet and greens than I have ever eaten before. So, when we contemplated going out to eat, the obvious answer was Tucanos, the Brazilian grill where you can eat as much red meat as you want.

Tucanos also has a pretty great buffet and salad bar, if you aren't all up on the meat. Anyway, we went for lunch, and were eating steak, and our table was very close to the plate pick up at the side of the buffet triangle thing they have in the middle. There was a mom there, who was trying to help her daughter, who was probably around six, get some food.

Mom: Okay what do you want?

Kid: MUAAELAD!! (unintelligible loud growl)

Mom: (perfectly calm) I don't think I got that. What do you want?

Kid: (louder) SMUAAANELAD!!

Mom: (still calm) I have your plate right here. You can eat whatever you would like. So, what should I put on it?

Kid: SAAAALLAAAD! (still growling, and clearly irritated that Mom did not get it the first few times).

Mom: Oh, salad. Great. Okay, got some salad. Anything else?

Kid: (continues to order in unintelligible dinosaur growls)

Clark was in the restroom at this point, so I was sitting at the table eating mango sorbet by myself and watching this scene unfold. I was having such a hard time not laughing. Mostly because I am twenty two. And I still request things in dinosaur growls. What kind of mother will I be? One who growls back, probably. I guess I will always be six.


No comments:

Post a Comment