Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lately I have been reading this book for one of my classes that claims to be a handbook for empowerment. I don't know if that is the case of not, but one of the ideas that the author gives is that if you really want something, you do wheatever it takes to get it. Everything that gets in the way fo you doing whatever it takes is really more important than your goal. That troubled me. Yes. I want a degree-- are there times, though, when I skip class simply because I don't want to be there, or I put off studying to do things with my friends? But then I thought about it-- it is true, I do put these things higher. I love my friends more than I love school. It has always been that way. I love my sanity more than I love class. But-- is it selfish? That is where I am confused. Is every choice I make a choice of priority? Like, if I choose to eat a brownie, does that mean that I am really not health conscious after all? That eating brownies is moe important to me than keep my blood glucose levelo down?
It was a strange idea, and one that made me feel quite strange about many aspects of my life where I make specific choices consistently. I suddenly feel this disconnect between me, and the the me that I think I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment