Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Pre-Germany Assesment

Yes... this is the last post I shall post before I go to Germany. In less than forty-eight hours I will get on that plane. That is a very scary thought. Very scary indeed. But exciting.

In this pre-germany assesment, I would just like to make a list of all the reasons why Germany will be bad... followed by why it will be good. I feel like it might ease my feelings of appehension and anxious-excited anxiety.

Bad reasons:

I will be away from my fiance, Jake, for two months. Because I know he reads my blog faithfully... I want to take this opportunity to tell him that I love him very much and that he will be on my mind every day while I am gone.

I can't really speak very good german. Bring on the language barrier... this could be fun.

I don't really know anything about where anything is or how anything works. Not really anyway.

Expensive.

... and for reasons unknown... I am simply... afraid. It's new. It's different. And never have I ever done anything like this before.

Good reasons:

I will learn so much. I know this.

Germany has really good food.

It will be so cool to see and learn about a different culture.

I get nine credit hours of college just for being there.

... and for reasons unknown... I am simply... excited. It's new. It's different. And never have I ever done anything like this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment