Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Berlin Berlin

How do I describe it?

Just think of a place that you have been that is urban... london, new york, downtown somewhere... change the language to german and that is pretty much what you've got-- except you throw in some old gothic churches and cobblestone streets and tons of trees and rivers and small lake. Berlin in a nutshell.

They have fantastic cheese here, along with fantastic ice-cream, and fantastic bakery items-- bread, pastries... you name it.

I also hear the beer is excellent.

Unlike America, street food is very very cheap... around 2-3 Euro if you are not too picky (about 3 or 4 dollars). Along with being very cheap, it is also very sketch. Lots of roadside stands and greasy alley way places. Honestly, the ones that look the most sketch are usually the best-- because they are less commericial. The commercial-- safer. There is really no GERMAN food for sale anywhere. There is italian, and hungarian, some asian food, and (I don't think I'll ever try it) mexican? Have I had schnitzel? Nope. I have had some fantastic pizza, sandwiches, doeners, and even some killer pasta... but not a potatoe nor schnitzel in sight.

But... they do have "hot dog" vendors... the hot dogs are actual wurst... and they are about a foot long. They put the foot long, very skinny sausage in a bun that is about... four inches long. Yep. And only dijon mustard on top. Cheap and good. But I think I like J-dawgs better. ::sheepish smile::

Welp... that's the food. Stay tuned for more on Berlin. Hoepfully I can get my camera to work one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment