Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Don't Worry About It

Heat. Hot hot heat.

Okay. So maybe I don't live in Arizona, or Mexico, or the Sahara desert-- but I do live in Utah. And this little Canadian soul struggles, who has a thick skin against snow, ice, and surprise July snowstorms, just doesn't know what to do.

I work outside. Some would say-- well go to work before it gets hot. Which is cool, but it is already hot at 9:00 M. Some would say live at the pool. And get sunburns. Some would say turn on the air conditioner-- but my seasoned Utahns tell me, "You haven't seen anything yet. Let's wait till July to use the AC, cuz that's when we'll really need it."

My solution? Become nocturnal. I could do it. Those people down south who do the siesta thing-- they've got the right idea. What if we worked and played at night, and slept during the day? Then we could give up the Otter Pops, aloe vera gel, and cravings for ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment