Saturday, February 18, 2012

Gummy Sharks

For all those who know what candy entails (and for all those who know what candy entails who actually read this)... there is a reason why the title of this post is candy. :) Enough said.

As I sit here absurdly late (or absurdly early) at night, I find it difficult to really express the true euphoria I am feeling. Screen shot: living room is clean. Wrapped in my leopard print snuggie. Fighting off a monster stomach ache. And silence.

Oh wait. Did I fail to mention the silence? I can hear the ticking clock, the cars outside, the quiet clacking of my keys as I type this. And I cannot hear the drip, drip, drip of our kitchen faucet. That's right. The drip is no more.

How might such a miracle have come about? Well, I'll tell you.

Yesterday morning, Melanie was doing the dishes and I was trying to watch Heartland... this ultra cheesy Canadian show about horses and ranches and love and happiness in Alberta. I couldn't find my earphones and kept turning up the volume to hear the sappiness over the... tap-iness. Finally Melanie couldn't take the sapiness anymore and yelled at me to turn it down. I yelled back and said, "No can do, the drip is too loud!" After an enormous fight, Mel and I decided it was silly, so we opened our little box of explosives that she keeps in a box under her bed and dynamited the tap in order to keep peace between us. There has been no hint of a drip ever since and Mel and I have moved on.

Okay. Okay.

The maintenance guys fixed it. Happy?

I am. :)

1 comment:

  1. the first version was the best... nothing like a good story :)

    ReplyDelete