Friday, February 24, 2012

Lowly Nine

What is the definition of an original thought?

That is something to think about. How many things that I think about come from me?-- not from media, or from friends, or from music, or from church-- but really, really just from myself?

I wonder if I had grown up somewhere else or if I had majored in something different, if my original thoughts would be different-- if I would be the same person, or really really different.

Philosophy. And hypothetical questions. My sister used to make fun of me for both.

But the thing is, I hate philosophy. Nothing has ever seemed so pointless to me as does my class right now on extended mind theory-- how meaning is embodied. I really could care less about those sorts of things-- cuz they aren't really important. Especially because I know about God and the creation the meaning of our bodies-- and it is way beyond any lowly human philosophy.


No comments:

Post a Comment