Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mack the Knife


The title of this post is the title of a Bobby Darin Song. Coincidence? Perhaps not.

No, since returning home, I have spent an inordinate amount of time today doing "important" things on my computer. As an excuse to let pandora play long and loud-- on my big band/jazz/blues station. Note to all unknowing Americans-- Pandora is a blessing for your land alone. No other members of the human race have the access to music that you have.

A note about this kind of music. It makes me want to be like this:



A little bit of a fantasy? Perhaps.

I have always wanted to dance-- and maybe my listening to music first recorded in the first half od this century is not the best way to cure this silly romantic notion that I have. Waltzing across an empty stage in a gorgeous blue dress to some of the greatest music ever produced by humanity. Silly.

What can I say? It's gotten under my skin. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment