Sunday, October 9, 2011

In A Pineapple Under The Sea

I always thought it was awkward that the word awkward has two w's around a k. For some reason, that always seemed to make me feel uncomfortable. Anyway... moving on.

There has been this really random (and quite nasty) smell building in our apartment for a while. A few days ago, I was like, huh, what is that weird smell? It was kind of sweet, but not in a good way, but I could only smell it sometimes. But as the days passed along, the smell grew more and more pungently gross. It seemed to be coming out of a small brown cabinet that is usually empty.

Then I remembered that my roommate has moved some of her groceries into said cabinet a few weeks ago because her shelf in our pantry was pretty full. My memory seemed to recall that she has purchased a pineapple. And some other fruit.

I chanced opening the door. And sure as sure, the pineapple AND the other fruit lay withering in juices. However... it was not my pineapple. And so Melanie and I agreed we should leave it for when the owner returned home.

We welcomed her back today.

And while she walked by us, we casually said, "Oh hey, so there's a rotten pineapple in there."

She removed the offender.

But it still smells pretty bad here.


No comments:

Post a Comment