Thursday, January 19, 2012

Only 24 left...

I have an irrational fear of coming off strange.

Which is weird, because most of my life is composed of a string of strange things put side-by-side in a rather peculiar orchestration of curiosity.

There is a really cute guy who works next to where I work. Earlier this year I would occasionaly see him drive by in their truck... or working in the distance. Like most girls, I would simply admire and be inwardly grateful that God created such people for our eye pleasure.

I made the mistake of letting it slip that I had such a shallow admiration of this person one day whilst at work. This led to a rather interesting set of manipulations, ending with Julie working with afore-mentioned cute guy in her yoga pants and ratty old shirt.

Unfortunately, the "I lack confidence and the ability to speak intelligently in front of people like him" side of me came out. And I completely blotched my chance like an over-inked pen. I felt like one of those weird stalker people. I couldn't just count my blessings and admire from afar; no, I had to get a closer look-- and I failed as miserably as a peeping tom falling out of his tree.

Well. I guess to cute guy I will always be that random, strange, weird girl. Which means I must get over my irrational fear, or spend my life being afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment