Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sinking and Swimming

I love music. A lot. Lately, my listening trend on spotify and youtube has been Eric Whitacre. I seriously admire everything that this man creates, and I and the opportunity to sing one of his songs once in a choir, which was a beautiful experience.

Music makes friends out of people, I have decided. You may quote me on that because I truly know it to be true. If I can't relate with someone at all, except in music, I can still understand them. If someone has terrible taste in music, I instantly know that we may not be as good of friends as I first thought. And, if someone find s for me a song that I have not heard, but fall in love with, that person is a hero to me, for bringing more goodness and beauty into my life.

I once wanted to write a book about a single person at any given time of the earth's history who is "in charge" of the music that becomes created. He would regulate dreams, master and deliver moments of genius, have preferences and breakthroughs, all through the artists of the time. Imagine being a child and finding out that you are responsible to make the music happen-- imagine receiving the gifts to do so. I thought it would be interesting.

Listen yourself some music, for it is beyond words to express what it can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment