Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chick Flicks

So, today I came home from class early-- I should have gone to my chem lab but I couldn't bring myself to do so. I ate some chocolate marshmallow mateys (as a confirmed health freak, you should all be reeling in shock). Ever wish you had more of a drive? I kind of do. I can think of things I could do. Again, weird. Because I am not a procrastinator. Not really.
So, what does a girl do when she is in a standstill mood? She watches a chick flick of course, with a salad and a garlic-pesto fillet of tilapia.
What do chick flicks do for us:
1. The renew our faith that love and humor go together.
2. They make us despair that this thing will ever happen to us.
3. They entertain us and pass the time with brain candy simplicity.

Ironically, in my marriage prep class, we talked about true love today. Apparently, screen-written romantic situations and cool first kiss stories weren't on the list.

And so, far from being depressed, I simply turned off my brain and watched a movie. And had more marshmallow mateys.

No comments:

Post a Comment