Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I love flowers.

This post may or may not be slightly sappy. Spoiler alert: sappiness will occur.

I came home after kind of a rough morning and I decided to catch up on some school work that I was behind in. I was very tired from the night before and wanted nothing more than to rest, and cut class for the rest of the day.
I laid down, and there was a loud knock at the door. I didn't want to answer it, so I ignored it. My roommate answered. A minute later, she appears in my room holding a gorgeous flower arrangement (gerbera daisies-- one of my favorite flowers). I opened the card, and they were sent to me by the guy I am dating. He lives in Maryland right now. I was so surprised, and my day took a significant upturn.
A slice of life-- and a good one. But I realized how petty my earlier mood had been, and I worked hard for the rest of the day to try and brighten the day of others. If only I had felt the inclination to do so without having to be reminded how important it was.
But it was a beautiful reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment