Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Where do emotions come from? I swear I felt them all today- irritation, fear, stress, joy, love, jealousy, happiness, calm, content... you name it. You think my body would just pick one emotion and say, "Body, today your emotion is ____." and life would be so easy.
I guess Humans are reactive. That's what makes us interesting. We can change how we feel. We can love how we feel. We can even feel things about how we feel. Have you ever considered how much of a miracle it is to feel?
Today I got to talk with somebody who I care about. You ever feel like you see fulfilled just by having them there-- knowing you could say something and they will hear you, the comfort of the thought, but not really having to talk? That is why I realized why emotions and feelings are so wonderful. Even the bad ones: anger and hurt and irritation, become indicators of how much we care for others. The show how invested we are in something wonderful. They make us believe the best in people.
So, yay for feelings. Don't be afraid to let them show.

1 comment:

  1. I was once traveling to Utah from Maryland, but before boarding the plane, the weather was dark, rainy and bleak. It had been for some time. Reactive... I was.
    As the plane boosted into the air we disappeared in the cloud. Moments later the sun was shining, the sky big and blue, and it felt like we were in a completely different part of the world with the tundra-looking terrain below. I realized, if you are unhappy... choose to do something about it. It's all about where you are looking from.Are you looking at the gray clouds from below or are you absorbing the sunlight above? And the best part: it's your choice. :) Just thought I'd share...

    ReplyDelete