Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Finding Faith

You always get those scary times when something happens that shakes you-- but lots of the time, I feel like they happen to the people close to me, and not really to me. My roommate got a call last night to hear that her youngest brother had fallen out of a moving car (and I mean MOVING), and suffered a head injury. Just some boy rough-housing in the back seat. There was fluid putting pressure on his brain, swelling, and he hadn't woken up for six hours.
I immediately started fasting for her family. There was several hours where there was an opportunity to assume the worst.
But, today I became aware, again, of the great and tender mercy that the Lord has for us in our lives. Instead of having surgery (which was the suggestion of the physicians), he was instead given a blessing of healing. Ten minutes later, he was awake, and he was in his right mind, rapidly improving, able to speak and complain. How grateful I was, how suddenly full of conviction I was, that there is a God in Heaven, and that he does love us. We are limited only by our faith in Him, for he can do all things. I suddenly thought of how much grief that family had been spared, and how much joy they must have felt to know they would not have to wait on the fragile hope that maybe tomorrow, or this afternoon, or next week, he would be okay. God is great. That is the slice, in fact, that is the culmination of all my slices of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment