Saturday, March 19, 2011

so... today I made cinnamon rolls. I really don't think there is anything more satisfying than seeing those rolls-- perfectly risen and leaking with hot cinnamon sugary goodness, on the counter, just waiting to be slathered in cream cheese frosting.
Baking is the stress reliever of my life. I take out my frustrations while kneading the dough and I stir my thoughts into the sauces and flatten out my fears and anxieties with the rolling pin. The bigger the project, the more I am in need of some great time to think, and to learn more about myself, and think about ways that I can be better... do things better. Plus, looking at the end result, and seeing the faces of the people I give it away to-- it just makes everything seem a whole lot simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment