Friday, March 18, 2011

Do you ever get experiences where you are suddenly caught off guard with how different you are acting than normal? Where you wake up everyday unstressed, with a smile on your face, with a laugh in your heart, and the sun is shining even when it is pounding rain?

I feel like that now.

I think it might be because it is finally warm out. And it is staying light out longer. And I have made some new friends. And... I have no idea why, but I don't think I have ever wished for spring to come faster than I wished for it this year. Winter and I simply had a falling out. We were not friends this year. Winter gave me my birthday... gave me Christmas, and sapped my energy and plunged me into a feeling of complete melancholy. No thank you. I will take green. I will take sun. I will take rain and sunshine and daffodils and tulips and grass and dirt and birds and baby ducks and easter... oh the good things. The good good things.

Cue smile here.

No comments:

Post a Comment