Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Slice of Life Again

I don't really know where to begin. You know those times, where you spend two and half hours working on a forty multiple choice question test, and you think, wow, I'm doing so well, I know I'll at least get a B. But, the long trek down the stairs at the testing center, and a look at the screen, where, beside my number, 6-1676 there is an inexplicable 46%. The mind is suddenly confused. What? How is that possible? A grade like that next to a number like mine? An 86... maybe. A 76... sometimes. And, the worst part was, I didn't know how to react. How does one react when they find out their GPA has been tanked for a semester? And not by a constant barrage of infantry, but just by one, ginormous armored tank with artillery that takes all the soldiers of my brain, despite the faithful effort they had diligently put forth. I laughed. I couldn't stop laughing. My roommate took me to kneaders and I ate an entire bag of potato chips-- food for the dying soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment