Friday, March 4, 2011

Slice of Life

Well, today was the first time I actually got to work for an entire week. And, I only put in 1.6 hours. Unlike my co-workers, I don't like going to work when I know that mostly I will be sitting there, doing nothing, because largely, there is nothing to do, when I could be doing something better (like sleeping for instance). My favorite person to work with also quit, and today was really hard to work through because she wasn't there. Just me and the guys now. Don't get me wrong, guys are great. But these guys are... not your ideal guys. One has is really invested in freedom of speech (literally) and several of them are freshman boys who can't seem to find the meaning of true humor. And the other guys have been there so long that they are arrogant and condescending and lazy. And then there is me. I love working outside. It's great work, even if it is a little chilly outside, and I end up wearing grungy clothes to school. I like the idea that I contribute to making campus look better. But, I like to feel productive. So, work is a place that I now am beginning dread.

Sarah is talking with a crackly voice today-- but it is better than yesterday. I am trying to work up the drive to go for a run or go to the gym (pro side about running is that there is nobody there but you). Emily and Paul are dating!!!! Yeah! For all those who know or care or want to know the story, you should ask her. They have been friends for ages, and Emily really liked him over a year ago... but they both had growing up to do, and now they are dating, happy as larks. (Why are larks happy... that is something I don't know).
Diana submitted a recording for Acoustic Explosion. Her voice is lovely. And she danced in fiesta last weekend.
Kristyn has been a vegetarian for... 3 days. She is trying it for a week. Yesterday, we had delicious lentil tacos. :) And we can't forget Shin-dig's birthday. Happy Birthday Shineah!
Melby is officially a criminal-- she got a police citation because she forgot to bring her bus pass onto the bus... and the police decided to check. We always knew she was gangsta.

No comments:

Post a Comment